Under the guidance of Mrs. Shirish V. Poojary , principal and founder of Swami Brahmanand Pratishthan Centre for Special Children and the advice of Shri. Damodar Tilakji, a 'Parents Association' was formed with 29 members.. It was registered on 3rd January 2010 and now has 72 Parents and non-parents supporters.
Vision : Persons with Mental Retardation should become contributory member of the society at par with others living independently to the maximum extent possible.
Mission Statement: Through family fraternity and meaningful professional interface to create enabling environment for the empowerment of the person with mental retardation.
Value Statement: SBPA values equal opportunity, protection of rights and full participation for the person with mental retardation.
Aims and Objectives:
- To be united and form its own strong support group.
- To fight for basic right of the children.
- Parental/ public awareness and gathering support from the society to create awareness in society about the needs of the mentally challenged person.
- Helping economically backward disabled children for their training in education and rehabilitation.
- To strengthen facilities for welfare of the children.
- Create residential and respite care facilities in case their parents or guardian is no longer alive/ temporally sick or away.
Chartered Accountant: Mr. M.V.Mahashabde
State Bank Of India , Konkan Bhavan CBD Belapur
Authorized Signatories :
1. Mr. D.V. Parab
2. Mr. Dhiraj Maru
Ms. Chhaya Sawant looks after the administration work of parent association.
Our association is member of PARIVAAR which is the National Federation of the Parents Association (NFPA)
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF SBPA
Contact Person :
Mr. D.V.Parab – Gen . Secretary - 9322297447
Ms. Chhaya Sawant– Co-ordinator – 27570389